Sunday, March 25, 2007

Paths to Walk/Flight Patterns

To my dear friend, Daisy...

words written and the spaces between…the song that came into my heart.

That “what if” space I returned to and there she told me her dreams; her thoughts and wishes, at least some.

The sparrow. Wings to fly…designed for, and the song of the sparrow; what defines the sparrow a sparrow from an eagle or a turkey vulture.

One sparrow, another...God knows each one unique. I am not wise enough…nor is any other.

Daisy understood. I, a child, asked more than any adult would have dared to ask and she answered. From her space she answered. She always did.

From my space I, a child, spoke back to her from my heart…my actions. My smile. My simple ways answered her heart back. I always will.


And so I, the child, the author, the publisher had set out on a path...and released Dear Daisy.
One path, by ground. Another, a path of flight...


"One doesn't discover new lands without first consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time."
Andre Gide, Fr. novelist


"When you get to the end of all the light you know and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: either you will be given something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly."
Edward Teller