Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A Child's Promise

Once upon a time…a little one made a promise to her dear friend, Daisy.

What started out as sending my beets to Africa to feed all the starving children…

imagination and add a few more years being frustrated with the world’s ways,

now a book to sell in my hands, seemed only one thing to do.

Either find a way to send beets to Africa or maybe a better way to feed children could be the book Daisy had helped me to create.

After I finished writing Dear Daisy, waiting for her return, now days away, the storyline of the promise I had made in one passing moment as a child resurfaced from memory.
Heart felt as only a child’s heart knows truth and sincerity,
and any child knows what keeping promises means…
once you say “cross my heart”
there isn’t much that can later be said or undone to change what comes next.

In this moment I didn’t wish to hope for THAT…
June 2004, was too good a day to hope for anything but good ahead on an open road.
From years long gone, I had remembered my word. From the depths of my soul, I answered, "I just have to”.

Total coincidence, the first morning of my search (Oprah’s Angel Network) I discovered Sparrow Village. The name drew me to look. I link clicked and next I knew I was in Africa.
Daisy assured me this was no coincidence and to follow my heart.

I emailed a friend, one knowing me more than most, and family, I asked them, too.
“Check out this website.” I copied the link of their site into the email body.

Friends and family responded, “Perfect fit. The name, the cause, the location. It has you and Daisy written all over it; taking care of sparrows.”

So, on http://www.risingsparrowpress.com/ , the official site to announce Dear Daisy and Rising Sparrow Press I set my intentions to living true to my promise.

Every book sold June, 2004 through December 31, 2004
A donation (8%) will be sent in Daisy’s name
to the children and families served by Sparrow Village.

I linked to their official website.

http://www.sparrowvillage.org/


Rest assured, the world is still filled with promise and God is still watching out for sparrows.

And when you see a sparrow on your path…

Well, you know...Follow Your Heart

May your path be blessed.

Sincerely,

Jane Marla VerDow
(Dear Daisy, 2004)


Every year I, the author; I, the publisher; I, the child
renew this promise to Daisy and to the sparrows.