Saturday, March 17, 2007

My dream in my hands

The first hours after Dear Daisy had arrived by tractor trailer the driver and I unloaded the pallet, literally pushed the pallet up the driveway hill, or tried to…the trucking company had not supplied motorized transferring equipment…manual labor was how it happened to unfold. I shared the laugh with him, the driver, how Daisy must be laughing from heaven watching this story and our efforts…how true then our shared path of labor…now her watching from above knowing full well my determined little mind and heart. He stayed for the process of unloading then I alone completed the task of stack storing each box in safe place inside. The time: just over two hours.

Exhausted, I once again lifted the flap of the test-confirmation box. I held her, my book, I guess just to confirm the reality that in fact she had arrived. Holding and reading the cover, part of me questioned if in fact my eyes were being truthful. I questioned how this could be, my name where the author's name should be. I traced the letters forming my name and held the hardbound book, sensing the texture. My hands and my eyes still with some level of disbelief, I placed my copy of my book on my wooden desk to sit and take it all in, or maybe to catch my breath. Both I am now certain true.

Later I returned, curiosity overtaking all other emotions, my fingers opened the front cover to glance at the flyleaf, color perfect as I, the publisher had chosen that winter day in February. Next, the title page, there written, Dear Daisy. Page turn one more, the copyright page. True there my publishing name appeared. Reading eyes still truth blurred, my eyes focused as I read the dedication page.

Dedication

This work is dedicated with all my love to Daisy.

Her warmth taught me love, her gift of
patience taught me to search my heart for
patience with others, her Soul taught me
strength equal to compassion, and through
her love and guidance I learned to reach for
my World.


Every blade of grass has its Angel
that bends over and whispers,
“Grow, grow.”
-The Talmud



How true…"grow, grow" …what I once felt, today, I felt once more…