Thursday, January 28, 2010

Footsteps Beyond







Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow`s a mystery.
Today is a gift."

--------- Eleanor Roosevelt







Childhood is nothing more than, absolutely nothing less than, the courage to discover for the first time with innocence and openness, the faith and passion to explore the next, and the inner wisdom to sense the value of each moment along the path. ~ Janie



No song did I sing in the orchards more than this Great by Peter, Paul and Mary.






Another Sparrow, another time, another sparrow song, same orchard




"Songs of the orchard played in my mind as words appeared on paper...My heart remembered the fallen sparrow. At the depth of my heart I knew the Truth of my singing the folk songs in the orchards with the wind; words I sang to the sparrow. Songs of days long ago lived then gone, never outgrown, continued to play in my head and I hummed along as words appeared on paper...Truly there is "a new World somewhere, they call the Promise Land"..

and in all my days searching...

I thought of Daisy's love and Truth whispers from Heaven, God's Lakewater, and I heard once more the sparrow's song...

"I'll be there someday if you will hold my hand."

My heart and love written to Dear Daisy, I sang,

"It's the hammer of Justice, it's the bell of Freedom, it's the song about Love between my brothers and my sisters, a-all, over this land."

When my heart was content that the last word had found its place on the pages, I sat back and asked the question, "What if?"...

In the peace of this moment...our shared Soul path now written...just as my heart released the long sigh of content and "what if?" echoed...I heard outside, down the road, within walking distance, the train whistle blow...

My Spirit took the step...

Dear Daisy

Dedication
This work is dedicated with all my love to Daisy.

Her warmth taught me love, her gift of patience taught me to search my heart for patience with others, her Soul taught me strength equal to compassion, and through her love and guidance I learned to reach for my World.

Every blade of grass has its Angel that bends over and whispers, "Grow, grow."

-The Talmud



My heart knows by root a Farmer's Faith

and I remember the Lake

http://lakeontarioshoreline.blogspot.com/2007/06/farmers-faith.html

And on this day, just past sunrise in the year, 2010, yet again I heard the train whistle blow...

And My Spirit took another step...

Peace,

Jane Marla VerDow