Monday, August 4, 2008

Playtime for a Publisher

Been spending a few days, no better say months, searching what it means to be a publisher. The author part is pretty simple...find the words and find the time to put them to paper. That is simple if the words come or you don't end up spending more time and effort editing out than putting down or just not into writing at the moment.

So time in limbo, that's where all this pondering the publisher side comes in.


Where I could ponder for hours, no better make that days at a time is on an image...somehow my memory pulls closer or a story comes alive when I am playing with lighting or editing out an old watermark on an old photo. For all the modern ways to capture moments on micro there's something almost mystical about taking a photo from a time period of film...like the people come alive for me, I start to sense the day there with them, and then I'm lost in the process. Time becomes irrelevant then...time then to now or even in this now.


I love to see what can be removed from...



















Enhanced becomes...











And I love when they transform into something like this...



For additional Author's Photography, words and picture images.
http://lakeontarioshoreline.blogspot.com/



For resources and book.
http://www.risingsparrowpress.com/announce.htm