Monday, August 18, 2008

Old Photos: Method versus Presentation




This Photo was photocopied (multiple attempts) to gain this degree of clarity for a scrapbook. Paper selection for photocopying was crucial.

Below the same photo is digitally presented. Notice the exposure variation to bring out facial features as well as the muscle definition of the horse. This photo during the process of enhancing was literally "destroyed then brought back out" to gain this effect.
For a wall framed or mantle framed picture, the dark frame without matting I chose for my home display is "gorgeous". I love this one.
Here in this presentation form (on screen) does not compare to the mantle framed presentation (lighting contrast photo to frame). My mantle photo? The definition of the horse muscle tone is beyond my wildest vision of what could be possible!!! and the viewer can't help but sense the mystic nature created by the snow and lighting.