Saturday, February 20, 2010

Rising Sparrow Press Project / Facebook

Publishing / the business side of Books.

Since Founding Rising Sparrow Press, December 2003 I have spent many hours learning and expanding my view of marketing or design or gathering resources or legwork-footsteps meeting people local and World-wide.

All of the computer technical information was a combination of self-taught then application (holding my breath hoping it worked) and targeted help by my computer mentor when I was lost forest-trees vision impaired. Net Results

Then - add the last 10 years of computer growth, expansion of what's possible. I started when F-functions had to be hand selected and computers took up entire desk surfaces. Yes, paper had been invented. I wrote 10 years not 1000, unless my computer keyboard is acting up. That you could always count on...computers acting up...like mine had a mind of it's own or it needed to prove superiority over me.

Computers led me to take astrology more serious. Trust me...if Mercury is Retrograde do not, I repeat DO NOT react when your computer acts funny. It is supposed to then...its written in the stars. And whatever you do, Don't go to buy a new one until Mercury gets out of its Retrograde mood.

I started with a website developed by an expert (my mentor and her connections) smart enough to know I was not gifted in computer language and format.

Born (2004): http://www.risingsparrowpress.com/

I learned Frontpage so that I could manage the site through the host.
I loved this for the frequency that I could add content, edit content, add resources, and to change my mind without involving head offices or The National Guard to control computer created chaos that I could create back during the learning stages. Either I have gotten better with computers or they have made it less possible to mess up. I hope both is true.

Next came blogs. I started with Blogger (easiest at the time and free).

Set-up specifically for Dear Daisy book and publishing: Storytellers and Writers, this blog.

To separate writing and storytelling from other interests I set-up:
http://lakeontarioshoreline.blogspot.com/ . That blog contains the most "how-to" information or examples of the photo restoration I've done/do.

I write specific to Rising Sparrow Press / Publishing through blog on Typepad (first free,then I started a small fee account, now I need to update that account-I left it parked there by ownership of the domain name). I will be returning to that blog for specific publishing information-resources during year, 2010.

http://recordfootsteps.typepad.com/record_footsteps_in_publi/

Social Networking entered the possibilities. I connected via (1)Forum of like-minded, goal directed, mission seeking individuals and participated in an every-growing list of teleconferences and organized efforts for social networking and marketing. I'll set it to be a goal to update a list of resources I have found most helpful and will offer it on original website http://www.risingsparrowpress.com/ . I am also developing e-books so this would be a great place to offer those and detailed information.

Also there on the original website http://www.risingsparrowpress.com/ listings of great Resources. People have told me they have gotten lost there. For no other reason than an example of writing/publishing, look at the Writer's Project during New Deal Period when then, too we were rebuilding America: http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/wpaintro/wpahome.html . To get there if entering from RSP website (not above direct link) click on Resources located on RSP Homepage.

RSP entered the World of Twitter (2009)...Yes, I Tweet.

Set-up YouTube for media-video development and for platform with the ultimate goal book trailers and...film-making/producing. In process, always. http://www.youtubecom/JaneMarlaVerDow


Continuing on this path, RSP developed Facebook Page most recent.
If interested, click on my Facebook link-badge on this or Lakeshore blog. Join if you wish...free.

So the question has circled back then evolved to become: How to Preserve the Message of Rising Sparrow Press; the message RSP was founded upon; the message statement written through words of book, Dear Daisy,2004?

Competing with all this...writing next books and daily bread making and life.

This was my next step...

Networking - Communications - Living the Golden Rule/Business

my New Page listed/linked on Facebook.

"Starting this Page as a place to social network encouraging others to join in. One rule: The Golden Rule. Place posts of you/your business/your gifts that serve others. Place posts that you have found to ease your path that could benefit others"

Those were the starting words I chose to represent the Golden Rule (my perspective). Written late night and tired, I vow to go back to expand ideas/thoughts/discussion if anyone is struggling with how they interpret the Golden Rule to participate. There is a discussion board set-up there, so feel free to supply your thoughts,ideas, suggestions.

Established this platform...

because I believe, as I wrote in Dear Daisy...

what was once a question I asked there, now through Rising Sparrow Press becomes a statement...

"...one candle and candles united in purpose create the World’s path of creation..." ~ Jane Marla VerDow (Dear Daisy)

I believe this. My intent and purpose; to prove by living it that my belief is true.

I invite others to join me.

Jane Marla VerDow

(Janie)