Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Question and The Answer

If you read through previous posts I’m sure you will see that time traveled from then to now. A gap measured in time more than heart space; filled with footsteps, discovery, explorations, distractions, and survival.

How much space do you need? (and) Fill your space. became the question and the answer that led my way day-to-day and guided me to this next place and time. This now I write of…this today.

As on the walk…integrating what I sensed my instinct with what I already knew and was to still learn on steps ahead until there were none left to take, not much different today than that day and I suspect not much different some near or distant tomorrow.

If challenged, I would have to answer that I’ve been more living the footsteps than actually on paper recording them. Heart moments sometimes are too challenging in the now, more space and time required to avoid flooding pages. Those were the footsteps, if given choice, I would have wished to postpone, better yet never have to take, but life is not designed that way, especially when a heart chooses to love. Letting go of the chapter to write the next can be the greatest challenge of a writer.

To write the next book?

Ah, that’s where the living the story comes in.