Thursday, July 19, 2007

Pooh Bear

The next chapter...

Times falling between the living it and the "day job", next chapters and next books competed for my time and begged me to follow.

My Earth walking companion, a true loyal friend, my editor for those spur of the moment read it outloud checks whether happening day or late-early hours of dark; "So Levi,...how's this sound?"...

While I was writing Dear Daisy he had grown to be 14 years old. I could count on him mostly to vote positive, though there were times he yawned or the worst, if I was well into the story and he didn't bother to lift his head off his pillow or doggie bed. Just a look, one eye open...that answered all I had asked. My four paw companion would move on after Dear Daisy was written and bound...a loss I could have lived many more years without feeling....and as I lived it...I couldn't help but notice that his passing...well, let's just say, for all the losses...I have never felt anything to feel more like the end of a chapter.

Levi
"Levi Strauss"; "lit'l Lee"; "Eeyore"


So I swore "never again"...and life answered by pulling me forward...distractions and reminders of reasons why you are here have a funny way of doing that...

Then there came the next dog character...



Bear
and the next story...

so I chose to live it...to follow...just to see where this one would take me.



I stumbled upon this yesterday during my daily research the internet time for publishing; seeing what is rare and old and catching up to the just written new in the literary world. Yes...I am a blog reader, and an internet scanner, but not to confuse you...and mostly to assure myself that I haven't become a modern techie of this century...I settle upon just a few...

Here's one you don't stumble upon everyday...and let me assure you, as a writer, after reading this
I am taking special interest in my box of Crayolas...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6635575.stm

Janie



"THE OLD GREY DONKEY, Eeyore, stood by himself in a thistly corner of the forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" -and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about. So when Winnie-the-Pooh came stumbling along, Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do?"..."

From Chapter Four, In Which, Eeyore Loses a Tail and Pooh Finds One, The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh, A.A. Milne with Decorations by Ernest H. Shepard/Winnie-the-Pooh, copyright 1926 by E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc./Presentation copyright 1994 by Dutton Children's Books.