Thursday, May 27, 2010

Author Dear Daisy Book Tour Summer 2010

I love to travel. I love to meet people and to share stories. I love Festivals. I love History and places along Lake Ontario and the Erie Canal, Upstate NY, and the Towns/Villages scattered throughout NY State. I love Photography. I am an Author.

So...why not do it all?

Author Schedule for Summer 2010

Village Bookmarket, Palmyra, NY June 5th 10 AM
Dear Daisy, author, Jane Marla VerDow story sharing and book signing and would love to answer questions about her book, upcoming titles, and to hear about your writing adventures.
Located in Historic Palmyra, a stop along the Erie Canal, Village Bookmarket is "A little store that's BIG on service. BOOKS: Used, Rare, Hard-to-Find, Out-of-Print, Old & Almost New, Local History, Local Authors, Wide Range of subjects, Hardcover, Paperback, Book Searches, Book Repair". Visit Village Bookmarket blog.

Seneca Falls Artisan Festival, July 24 (one day only). I (Rising Sparrow Press) have an invite and confirmation from festival and will be bringing several local authors along for this event. Meet local authors from Williamson, Marion, Canandaigua, Rochester and have a copy of their books autographed at the Authors Tent. Authors list is now being compiled and I will update as available prior to the Festival. Seneca Falls, Woman's Rights, beautiful Seneca Lake one of NYS Finger Lakes all near-by. The Festival and Art Show is happening Saturday, July 24th, 2010 (10 AM-4 PM) at People's Park, Seneca Falls.

Sunday, July 25th I will drive in the opposite direction to East Aurora for the 35th Annual East Aurora Carriage Drive & Competition. . The competition is July 25th and 26th, 2010. I have been invited to the event for picture taking and book signing, Dear Daisy. What an honor!!! Sample of what is to come: Photos

Next stop, another Historic place along the Erie Canal is Macedon, NY. July 31st 2 PM I will be at Books Etc. Here, I will sit down a spell in the quiet, peaceful space John Ceislinki creates at Books Etc., a coffee in hand, to share stories about writing Dear Daisy, the process of writing to independent publishing, swap stories with readers, and share a sneak peek of my next novel, Rising Sparrow.

August starts off with an "aarrrgggg" at the Pirates Festival, Palmyra, NY. Rising Sparrow Press will be hosting an Authors Tent with local authors from Wayne, Monroe, and Ontario Counties. Authors list is now being compiled and I will update as available prior to the Festival.

I'll be one of several local authors available to meet and book sign at the Wayne County Fair August 9-14, 2010 If I'm not at the Village Bookmarket and Books_Etc Booth, anyone knowing me would tell you to check the animal stalls, especially the little goats and horses; or I would be getting food, especially if they offer the clam bake; or strolling along the midway. I confess, I'm a big kid :)

September, still Summer left so a weekend at the Lumberjack Festival, Macedon, NY Sept. 11-12 seems like the best place to be. Rising Sparrow Press will be hosting an Authors Tent with local authors from Wayne, Monroe, and Ontario Counties. Authors list is now being compiled and I will update as available prior to the Festival.

My Last Stop of Summer will be Canal Town Days Palmyra, NY Sept. 18-19. Rising Sparrow Press will be hosting an Authors Tent with local authors from Wayne, Monroe, and Ontario Counties. Authors list is now being compiled and I will update as available prior to the Festival.