Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Seasons of a writer's heart

And so, I opened my heart to my heart’s desire, to write.

Honoring those who were teaching me by their example;
their stories of seasons of living

then life-death and choice each step along the path…

And my own life, teaching me, too…

Truth of transitions...
keep it simple and if it is not an absolute “yes” then it is a definite “no”,
and “follow your heart”.

Two lines came to mind.

Peace be my winter. I pray. I hope.
I write somehow to make it so.


Then these words came next…in a time of heart then locked between Winter and Spring.
Much like the Winter-Spring of this season change of 2007,
in a place along the Southern Shoreline of Lake Ontario.


Written April, 2005

(an excerpt attached here...)


Peace Be My Winter

Peace be my winter
The one today.
Even more so
that one tomorrow.

I do wish for gentle snows to fall
Enough to cover.
Quiet, break silence
footsteps crunching the frozen
Just enough to tell me life is still
Around me.

Seasons told by trees and color of land,
Birds flocking and overhead skies,
The waves or none like glass
Early morning or nights
on Lake Ontario.

Thaws to new beginnings
Buds bloom apple and peach
the locals call favorite
Mine, too.

Leave buds of Maple and Oak
One day just popping
On some schedule,
secret, mystery to all
save One and Mother.

If I noticed.

(Summer season omitted here)

The reds of Maples
And the Sycamores
That’s how Upstate
called home is known
In times, named Autumn.

(and some of Autumn lost here on page as well)

Sleep or wake dream
My Soul at home
Snuggled in
under blanket of comfort,
in a place called home.

Next Season or Next Place to be...
Along the southern Shoreline of Lake Ontario.

-Janie